Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 1

Day 1
Received the keys to my new shop ( a few days early then expected, AWESOME!) Ran back into the house and put on my H&M overalls (my youngest daughter, Elise 11 picked them out) and started moving ALL the stuff out of my living room, kitchen, corners and into my "atelier" (workshop).  I did remember to take before pics of my shop empty (lasted for a second) and frantically tried to get the most of the furniture out of the house and into the shop before my daughters got back from school.  It was going to be a BIG surprise for them, as I was able to keep it a secret!  Everyday they would come back from school and low and behold, "You bought more stuff"?!  I'd smile and they would just shake their heads and make their way through the maze of  furniture.  Back to the 'surprise', I saw them arrive and asked them to close their eyes and I walked them to the back of the farm (it's a barn built in 1857, we live where the hay for the cows was dryed and stored, it's like a loft) and they were very very surprised and super happy!! I cried, because I knew I was doing this all for them and I felt they were proud of ME..it's an amazing feeling!!  We celebrated with some kid bubbly (Rimus) and cheered to our new adventure in the "nid de reves"!

No comments:

Post a Comment